The Opening Program should serve two purposes:
- Contextualize and set the tone for the Walk Event
- Get Walkers excited and ready to Walk a Mile in Her Shoes.
The Opening Program can benefit from speaches by high profile local community members, especially men.
- The Opening Program should or could say any or all of the following plus more:
- Thank everyone for being here.?
- Cite some statistics on sexual assault and domestic violence.
- Say why these men are here ready to Walk a Mile in Her Shoes (use a lot of information from this site and elsewhere - cite men who are actually present)
- Say why these women and children are here in support of these men walking.
- Cite how gender violence affects everyone, including how men are sexually assaulted, how it affects the LGBTQ community and more.
- Perhaps have a survivor speak.
- Perhaps have a male who has or will be walking speak.
- Get everyone excited to Walk
Add to this list. Anything you think is essential or valuable, send to us to include here.